Summer may be in full swing right now, but things are about to wind down, and school is right around the corner. Grades 1 – 12 in the Walled Lake Consolidated School District begin on September 5, and some colleges and universities start even sooner. Whether you’re sending your child away to school in their very own car or will be driving the neighborhood kids to school via a carpool, you’ll want to visit Shuman Chrysler Dodge Jeep® Ram for the following back-to-school car maintenance first.
- Schedule a tune-up, even if you’re not due for another one or two thousand miles. Doing so will guarantee you catch small issues before they become major problems, ensuring your student’s safety on the road.
- Get your oil changed and tires rotated. This should be done every 3,000 – 5,000 miles.
- Have the heater inspected. Before temperatures drop, have our dedicated service professionals test your heater.
- Do a thorough engine, transmission, and battery check. These essential parts of your car likely underwent some wear and tear in extreme heat and during summer road trips. Have our technicians spend time inspecting them before your child heads back to school.
- Check hoses, belts, wipers, fluid levels, and tires. To cover all your bases, check for air leaks, cracks, low fluids, and wipers that are no longer functional.
Schedule your appointment with Shuman Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today.